Friday, October 6, 2017

Sweet Apple Body Scrub


IMG_8010.JPG


Nothing reminds me more of fall like the scent of a crisp, freshly picked apples. Sure, there is pumpkin and spices such as cardamom or cinnamon. But in my opinion, apple anything is the very essence of autumn itself. Along with the leaves beginning to fall comes cooler temperatures...and that means steaming hot showers and baths are a must. Figuring nothing could be better than bringing my love for apples into everyday life (where I’m not devouring any food even related to apples), I decided to test out my usual sugar body scrub recipe with a little bit of a twist as we ease into the brilliant months of autumn.


IMG_8008.JPG


Starting off, I figured you’d like to know exactly what you’ll need to make this relaxing gift-for-self.

Suggested Supplies~~
To make the scrub:
¼ cup of moisture wash (I use JOHNSON’S baby wash with honey apple)
¼ cup almond or coconut oil
3 cups granulated sugar
A wide mouth mason jar (I use ½ pint ones)

To decorate your jar(if you’re giving this as a gift):
A styrofoam apple
Any liquid glue or a hot glue gun
Burlap ribbon

Now that we have supplies out of the way, you can begin to make your sugar scrub!  Taking out a small bowl mix the baby wash, oil, and sugar together before pouring it into your mason jar until it’s filled.

IMG_8009.JPG


To start decorating your mason jar(or if you chose to decorate it) , cut your styrofoam apple in half and glue it right onto the top of your lid. (It helps if you’re using a styrofoam safe clue-- if not, just have more patience to let your glue settle and dry!)

Using either your glue from before or sturdy double sided tape, attach your burlap cut ribbon around the rim of your lid. If you’re hoping to send this little jar of fall fun out as a gift, adding a little tag to it would be a good idea! I adore the scent of this scrub, and as I said before, this IS the scent of fall in my opinion. Creating a body scrub that is certainly gentle enough for everyday use and smells like the epitome of autumn; I’d certainly say I (and the rest of my family) certainly enjoyed our apple sugar scrub!


IMG_8010.JPGIMG_8011.JPGIMG_8012.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment