Thursday, October 12, 2017

DIY Fall Luminary

Autumn is by far my favorite season. The leaves crunching underfoot, the pumpkin scented candles, and the crafty halloween projects give me a special kind of joy. Fall is also notorious for involving mason jar crafts. My first intention was to make a candle holder with real leaves, but haven’t we all done that at some point? To mix it up, we’re going to add a new flavor to an old craft!  




First off, you'll need any old mason jar, a paper cutout of a leaf, seeds of any kind, a tea light candle, paint supplies, and lots of patience!


My first step was cutting out my leaf and pasting it to the mason jar. I wasn't sure how big my leaf would need to be, so I printed out multiple sizes from the internet. I then painted the entire jar orange because it's one of my favorite fall colors.


One thing I discovered is to let the paint dry completely, but not overnight. If so, the paper may get stuck to the jar itself. Fortunately, one layer is easy to scrape off with your fingernails. I only used one layer of leftover orange paint I had available.


This is how my jar turned out. Fun, right? Now all that's left is to add the rest of the goodies!


Add your seeds.


A candle of your choice.


And some twine or ribbon for the final touches! Now you have a beautiful candle to display until Christmas!


Craft inspired by Create, Craft, Love

No comments:

Post a Comment