Thursday, October 12, 2017




Most of the time, when you ask someone what their favorite season is, they respond with “Autumn”. And if you ask why, they’ll tell you something like, “The leaves are pretty” or “I like the weather change”. Personally, autumn is my favorite season as well, but not for those reasons.
My absolute favorite part about autumn is the decorating! It’s a really fun way for me and my mom to bond. Sure you can decorate for the summer, but there isn’t as many things you can do! Autumn and winter are by far the most fun times to decorate your house. Now, I don’t know about yours, but in my house, we have a very difficult time keeping plants alive, especially during the colder months. So I have developed a love for cacti! It is an easy way to keep a plant around that doesn’t require as much attention.
In saying that, and also with me loving to decorate, a decorative pot for my cactus was the perfect thing for me to do this week! It was so easy and it turned out very cute! Let me show you how I did it!



What you’ll need:

  • One pot (any size)
  • Orange paint
  • White paint
  • Yellow paint
  • A plant
  • Paintbrushes


Your first step will be to paint the top rim white. I did a few coats so that you couldn’t see any brown!




Then you will want to paint the rest of it white so that your other two colors are more vibrant! I didn’t do as many coats as another color will be going on top.

Next I painted the bottom yellow. I wanted it to be the same as the white on top, so I did about an inch up from the bottom.




Then you will want to paint the whole middle section orange!


Your final step will be to add your plant of choice! Mine was my cactus, but any plant will work!

Now your cute candy-corn pot is all finished! Let the autumnal decorating begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment